What is Choreography

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media

Personal movements.
Improvisation is a starting point and helps me spot unusual movement yet intresting movement for my body.
The creating of a piece - the art of arranging movement.
Expressions of personal experiences and feelings.
The laungage that my body speaks, which is different to everyone elses.
Ongoing thoughtful process, for me the thoughts come when i'm in bed trying to get to sleep meaning by the morning i sometimes forget them. I need to keep a book by my bed to write them down.
Fears of choreography?
Repeating same movements.
Expressing movements too personal.
I hate when i have to think of a them as i can never think of one that intrests me, so i need to work on this. I could do this by watching more dance pieces - videos or live, and reading more. Hopefully this will help me with my inspirations for dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment