Workshop with Siobhan Davies' Artists

How fresh, How calm,
Stiller than this of course,
the air was in the early morning;
like the flap of a wave;
the kiss of a wave;
chill and sharp and yet..
Flap,
Flap.
Flap!

Different way of saying, different way of moving.

This is the word and the meaning i gave to the word that inspired me throughout this session. After showing one of the artists the movement i had been working, she gave me some feedback, intresting feedback, that i really used and that helped me to develop my movement. But feedback that will allow me to relate to other choreography tasks.

Specific Feedback:

Theres texture there but it can have more texture, keep layering and layering and layering.

Notice where your eyeline is and make your eyeline part of the choreography itself.

It's intresting the way your movements are gestural rather than dancey moves that flow, link, and look set. 
General Feedback:

Think about what you are expressing specifically, and think about it all the way through.

These quotes are not the exact words of the artists but the basics of what they were talking about.

This workshop has really inspired me in many ways, especially as a starting point for my solo. I think i might use the movement i have created today and play around with it and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment